During the course of a project, you will undoubtedly undertake many different activities. These will include:
· defining the objectives of the project;
· acquiring background information about the problem and its possible solutions;
· establishing the criteria by which your solution(s) to the problem will be judged;
· determining by what process the work will be carried out;
· planning the detailed phases of the project;
· adopting one or more design methodologies;
· analysing requirements;
· using (or constructing) tools;
· construction of one or more artefacts (hardware, software, document);
· evaluating your solution to the problem;
· reporting on your work.
Whatever the nature of the problem you set out to solve, the conclusion of your project should be whether you solved it successfully or not.